Friday, September 28, 2007

Who could ask for anything more?

How about a million dollars?

I'd settle for 150K so I can get this house.

Or 15K just to help with the down payment.

Money sucks.

Ok...so I'm kinda down this week. My life is just floating around somewhere in space with no thoughts or direction of landing anywhere. Luckily I have my teaching and volleyball and my family to keep me grounded once in a while. Thanks.

I got to thinking yesterday. My cousin and I were talking about kids picking on each other and it brought back a lot of memories of people picking on me while I was growing up because I was fat, shy and socially inept. Well, not much has changed since then. I'm a lot fatter, not always as shy, and a few more social skills than back then. Maybe that's why I never feel as though I fit in with anyone. I'm always afraid they see my faults and talk about me behind my back or will hurt me by talking in front of my back. That because I have these obvious faults, and other not so obvious ones, I'm not worthy of their kindness and attention or love. Wow, I never thought about that before in that way. How sad am I? blah. I hope that I can put it to my students that they should never make fun of any one for any reason. Because of how they look, or dress, or talk or anything. It's not what God wants us to do. Even if you don't like someone, there's no reason to be mean to them and put them down.

Like I said..I'm kinda down this week. Come back again, I'll be better...:)

1 comment:

More Than A Single Mom said...

What you need is a crazy night of running around the beach naked - without a care in the world. You laugh, but sometimes we need to do care free things to know that it doesn't matter who you are, what size you are, or anything else. It truly is what's in your heart that matters. and you've got a big heart T.