Thursday, September 20, 2007

The fat teacher

In our Jesus time lesson this morning, we talked about the different kinds of people that Jesus loves...tall, short, dark, light, etc. I asked about fat people, and a boy said no. I was shocked! Wasn't my lesson getting through that God loves all of us, no matter our size or shape? I asked him why? and he said it was because we ate junk. I said well, that can be true, but just because we eat junk, doesn't mean we are not loved by God. God doesn't look at the outside, only the inside. If only people could do the same thing? I guess that's why I get so shy around people. It shouldn't matter what is on the outside, but so many people disagree with me and I am so hard on myself about what I look like on the outside that I am afraid to hear it from other people.

I haven't stepped on a scale in a couple weeks. My weight at that time was 252.1 and that is what I am going to start with. I have another blog that I'm doing to use next time that gives daily or almost daily progress reports. For today, I'm going to keep drinking my water and coach volleyball after school to get some activity.

2 comments:

Sara @ Life With the Two said...

Good luck! And bless you for being a kindergarten teacher. No way I could do that!

Anonymous said...

well to teach this boy that he was truly wrong, you should not loose weight! If you loose weight, it symnolize to this boy, that he was right and even you will follow his idea of "god hates fat people"..you should think about that before you go on a diet!!!