Thursday, September 27, 2007

The week is almost over

Although I don' t know if you can really call it PMS because it usually only happens the first day of my period, not really before hand. I just tend to over dramatize things. The new birth control I am on helps a lot with regulating things and keeps things from being too much, but the first day is still bad. Everything that kinda stresses me, drives me crazy, is about 100 times worse on that day. That also makes sense for the little gain I had too. I have all boys this year and while they can be a bit of a challenge, there are only 3 (or 4) of them and they are good boys.

We have a family leaving our school this week. 3 kids. Great kids, but compared to the academic norm, a bit on the slow side with some learning issues I believe. Their parents are going to take them out of our school, citing reasons that they need help with learning. Um...Hello?? Haven't we been telling you that for several years?? 2 of the kids were held back when they were younger....so why did it take you so long to finally realize that we actually know what we are talking about here? We are a small school, so we can get some good one on one time with our students, but we are not equipped with a special needs teacher. The public school is required to help even if they are at a Christian school. We have been telling the parents this for several years. If they had listened to us a couple of years ago, they could have gotten help and prevented problems as they get older. Their solution? They are going to go to a "virtual" school. Now, I don't know much about it, but I looked around their website a little bit and it seems to be a cross between homeschooling and going to school. Has anyone heard of this? What kind of reputation do they have? Now, I have nothing bad to say against this method, I don't know much about it and if it is successful, nor against this school. But knowing this family for several years and having 2 of their children in my class...I can't imagine that this is a good solution for them. Knowing the mother the way I do, I can't imagine how good she will be at teaching 3 children in her home and making sure they do what they need to do to learn. It just doesn't seem to be good for the children to learn in this kind of environment. I wish them luck, and pray God watches over them.

No comments: