Sunday, September 2, 2007

Sunny Florida

It is everything I was hoping it would be at the beginning of September...hot, sunny and humid! It's almost like our winter...it's just too miserable to go out anywhere...*L* But Roo and I have gone out...we went to Lion County Safari yesterday and it was awesome! It's this place where you drive around and see animals in natural habitats. We saw ostriches, lions, elephants, chimpanzees, impala, zebras...to name a few. I even got to feed a giraffe! If I ever learn how to put pictures up here, I will definitely have to post that one! On the way home we stopped off at some of Roo's friend's houses for short visits and tasted a mango drink for the first time.

Today we went to church and hung around the house a bit, watching a movie. This evening, we went to the beach where the water was sooo warm, it was great! In fact, the air was actually cooler than the water and by the time we got out it was dark and a little chilly even until I dried off.

Tomorrow, I'm not sure what is on the agenda, but I know it will be good..maybe even the beach again or a movie. I will be heading back to Chicago around 8:30 pm, Florida time so I will definitely NOT have a good day on Tuesday in school...;)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Good post.