Monday, August 13, 2007

What a weekend!

Well, I guess that's misleading, for the most part it was quiet. My birthday was friday, and most of the day was wonderful! Many well wishes, and the VBS director surprised me with a cake and had had all the kids make me a card for my birthday! Very sweet! After that, it just went downhill! I was supposed to meet up with my sibs and because of VBS, I was running a little late. By the time I got there, not only had they bowled, but were getting ready to leave! Well, since the whole thing had been my idea to get together, I was gonna bowl anyway, but I was a little pissed. Then, on top of that, had to pay for my own bowling, and not one person, save my best friend, even had a gift for me. Now, I'm a quiet sort of person, I like to help where I am needed and do my thing and don't think I ask for much. But, I would think, at least for my birthday, my family would have done something, even a little, to make it special. And that just didn't happen. It was disappointing and I was quite hurt (still am I guess) about the whole thing.

The rest of the weekend was quiet...working with mom in building her room and cleaning my own room. Today, I went to a networking conference, tomorrow I have to do payroll, and faculty meeting on Wednesday...school starts in less than 2 weeks!!! There's still soooo much to do!!

3 comments:

More Than A Single Mom said...

Wow.......now i feel worse for going camping! Damn....Friday didn't sound all that fun. You poor thing. We will definitely need to pamper you next Wed.

Simplymoi said...

Don't you dare feel worse! Or I'll come over there and kick your ass! LOL it's not your fault and we'll go out next week and have our own good time! Margaritas anyone??

Sheryl said...

If it makes you feel any better, my birthday is 3 days after Christmas and often gets overlooked by nearly everyone except my parents and husband.

Go out and by yourself something really fun and completely impractical!