Thursday, August 9, 2007

Summer vacation? What's that?

For anyone out there who thinks teacher's have it made during the summer...lay around and do nothing...you are so wrong! (and yes, some of those are in my own family)

Yes, it's true we get 3 months away from our students, but that by no means, means I have time to lay around and do nothing. Granted, I do get to have more flexible hours, and this is the time when I get to take my vacation time, but I have been so busy this summer, I haven't had time to breathe. This week I am in the middle of teaching VBS along with trying to do my duties as treasurer of my church congregation. VBS hasn't been all that organized and so instead of using the last couple of weeks to get my stuff together to teach, I've been having to do it each day this week. So I've been spending long hours at school every day to get ready (I am lucky that I teach at the school we are doing VBS in so I can do it here). But it's made for a very crabby me...and I'm not usually a crabby person.

Consequently, I've been using these emotions as excuses to visit my old haunts....Wendys, Burger King, Arbys.....which, as anyone losing weight knows, doesn't ever, ever help..only adds to the misery.

I can't wait until this week is over and I can spend my time and energy getting my real classroom and lesson plans ready for the little darlings coming on August 27th.

2 comments:

Sheryl said...

Welcome to the blog world!!

I have one starting Kindergarten and one starting pre-K in the fall. I know, you work hard!

Ann(ie) said...

Three of my fave old friends: BK, Wendy's and Arby's. *sigh*

Welcome to the Blogosphere!

You teachers deserve those Summer's off...that's tough work and THANK GOD we have you lovely people!!! xxoo.