Wednesday, August 22, 2007

Ah-Ha Moment....How do you look?

If you are an Oprah fan...you know what I'm talking about.

I had one today while watching her show. Her show was actually about other people telling their stories about their "ah-ha" moments after watching Oprah...lol so this kinda fits.

This dad was on talking about how he was forced to watch her 20th anniversary DVD and he had one of these moments while watching Toni Morrison talk about how you look around your kids. We all know how much we love our kids or in my case, my students....and even how much we love our friends/family/loved ones. Does it show when you walk into the room or when they walk into the room? I like to think that the main reason my classroom is a good place to learn is because of the attitude I have with my children. Even i know there are the mornings I don't really want to be up that early, or I had a bad commute to work, or things just aren't going right. But my challenge for this school year is to make sure I have a smile on my face each morning when they walk into the room to start the day. Kids, like adults, pick up on our verbal cues...but even more so, they pick up on our non-verbal cues...even if we aren't mad at them, they will see that we are mad and think that it's their fault. Now, by no means can we keep a smile plastered on our face the entire day, that's just impossible. But for those who work, or after you pick up your kids from school, or when they walk into your classroom, does your love show on your face?

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Guilt...Thanks for making me think!

More Than A Single Mom said...

Was that a re-run? I think I've seen it!

Simplymoi said...

It's summertime, I'm sure it's probably a rerun, but I had never seen it before.