Friday, November 16, 2007

Foul Plot Afoot

My students have been plotting against me. They have been determined to undermine everything I have been working for. They aren't listening and believe they have the run of the classroom. They are determined to make me eat so much food I will never stop and I will just get bigger and bigger and bigger. Instead of driving me to drink, they are driving me to eat. Cover up the frustration with some crackers, or hershey's kisses or chips. To the tune of about 7 lbs in the last couple of weeks. I don't belong here. Where's the progress? Where's the determination? Where's the work? Where's the skinny girl? Where's the desire to actually do what I need to do to succeed with all those others out there who are doing it? I don't belong here. I've failed this attempt.

Upon closer inspection of course, we realize it's not the student's fault their teacher has gone on a seefood diet the last couple of weeks. It's her own fault. She was allowing her frustration to take the better of her and her students to get the upper hand while she's going through some tough times. She's the one putting off going to the center to sign up so she can use the fitness center to walk now that it's too dark to walk when she gets home. She's the one that keeps shoveling food into her mouth. She's the one that has decided to get back to basics with her kids, and also with her health plan.

I feel like a broken record...good weeks, bad weeks, starting again, falling behind and picking up again. I didn't even know who to turn to this time. They've all heard it before. I've heard it before...over and over and over. I'm sick of it, as I'm sure they are. Turns out I didn't need to look further than my email. An article from Spark People to get myself back to where I need to look to get back on track. And if you think about it, it's not really starting over, just a reminder of where I am, where I want to go and what it's going to take to get there.

I want announce it here, and keep myself accountable. My goal: lose 10 lbs for Christmas. Approx 5 weeks away, puts me at about 2 lbs a week. It's SMART: Specific, Measurable, Action-based, Realistic and Time-Oriented.

1 comment:

More Than A Single Mom said...

Listen up Missy......would you like me to plan your meals for you??? You have gotten so far! Do NOT give up now. You can do it. You can do it.