Thursday, October 11, 2007

Staying the same

The scale didn't move this week. To be honest, I'm happy about that.

The last several weeks have not been the best for me. A lot of emotional stuff going on, problems in my love life, my family, stress at work, etc.

I'm tired of feeling like that all the time and I'm ready to get back and focus on becoming healthier and becoming a better me. I want to concentrate on doing some indoor workouts, cardio and strength, because the weather is starting to turn colder and I don't want to get in the trap of being less active now that summer has gone. Volleyball is going to wrap up in a few weeks and I need to find a way to get back into what I need to do - eating better and getting activity.

I have also decided that I'm going to walk in the 3 day walk for Breast cancer next August. I walked it in '06 and it was an incredible experience, one that I will never forget. Last time I walked 42 of the 60 miles. Next time, I want to make it all 60 miles. This will only happen if I can shed some much hated pounds and walk, walk, walk. I have a lot of time to work for it, and I am making it my goal to do it.

3 comments:

Thea @ It's Me Vs. Me said...

That is an AWESOME goal to work towards. Good for you!

Journo June aka MamaBear said...

Great goal. A friend of mine did the 3 day walk last month. Guess you'd better get walking! ;-)
Path to Health

Diana Swallow said...

Wow! What a great goal to walk in the 3 day! Great that you decided now so you have plenty of time to get ready for it. Exercise is a great way to cope with stress too, make it your own private escape time.