Monday, January 14, 2008

No break here

The weekend. Usually busy, but a little time to relax and chill from the work week. Especially after all that happened on my Christmas break, I was looking forward to some of that. It didn't happen.

My poor mom. Rarely does she have problems, but when she does...watch out.

Saturday morning she woke me up to tell me that she was having more attacks, and that they weren't going away. She had me call 911. While she was in the ER she had 2 more, the second being really bad and they hooked her up to the EKG while she was having it and it showed Heart Attack. Up to the Cath lab to have an angiogram (sp??) and it showed blockage in her heart. They put in a stent (also sp?) and took care of it. Well, we hope. We'll see. She's on more medications than she's ever been on and I hope they do their job.

Well, because of my dad being home in bed, she really wanted to get home yesterday. She should have probably stayed on more night, but she knows how to take it easy. I hope anyway...she's hard to keep down sometimes. About 2 hours after she came home yesterday, my dad told her to call 911 for him! He hasn't really been well all weekend and last night he had some really, really bad breathing and his heart rate was high (he has COPD). They came, but they didn't take him to the hospital and eventually it all came down. I think mostly he was panicked about how long it was taking for the breathing to get under control...it hasn't been that bad in a very long time.

Well, things settled down...dad went to sleep and then mom and i went to bed about an hour or so later. What a weekend.

1 comment:

More Than A Single Mom said...

Any time you want me to come over and help, I will. You just gotta call me. How are they doing?