Saturday, December 29, 2007

Happy and not so Happy Holidays

I see it's been a month since I've blogged. I don't know how many people actually make their way over here, so I haven't been doing it much.

This has definitely been a mixed week. We should have lost my mom on Sunday. A concept I still can't wrap my head around. Her panic attacks as of late turned out to be heart spasms. Sunday morning, she went out. Luckily someone found her nearly right away and got the CPR going, paramedics arrived in no time and she had to be shocked back to us. After spending a couple days in ICU, surgery to implant a difibulator and a couple more days in the hospital, she came home. Physically, she's ready to go! A little weakness, a little dizzyness once in a while, but she's moving around and doing stuff around the house (although I know she's itchin to get out). Mentally, she's doing good, although we are dealing with some short term memory problems. I think that's the part that freaks me out the most right now, and I'm learning to go with the flow. So even though we are dealing with obstacles now, we are so incredibly and unbelievably blessed that she is still with us...our own Christmas Miracle.

No comments: